What to do in Phu Quoc for 3 days
- on Oct 10, 2018       By: LucyH
There's no doubt that Phu Quoc island with its stunning beaches is an ideal destination to relax, explore and recharge your energy after hard working days. Let's go through what you can do if you have 3 days for this beautiful island.
Best time to visit Phu Quoc?
Located deep in the Thai Lan Gulf, Kien Giang Province, Phu Quoc Island is known as a jade of the sea with crystal clear water, peaceful streams and fresh seafood. You can go to Phu Quoc any season in the year because the weather is quite stable. However, Phu Quoc is at its finest from October to May next year. The blue sea and golden sand promise you a very stress-free and relaxing time.
How to travel to Phu Quoc?
Currently all the domestic airlines are operating flights to Phu Quoc Airport. One-way, no-tax flights from Ho Chi Minh City are priced at 390,000 - 1,900,000 VND ($17-$82), the ones from Hanoi are in the range of 1,345,000 - 5,000,000 VND ($58-$215)
By car and high-speed ship
You can go to Phu Quoc Island in two ways:
*** HCMC - Ha Tien - Phu Quoc
- From Ho Chi Minh City, you catch the bus to Ha Tien at Mien Tay (the West) bus station. One way ticket is 140,000 - 170,000 VND ( $6-$7)
- From Ha Tien you have two options to get to Phu Quoc.
+ The first one is take a ferry at Thanh Thoi wharf at 6am or 12am everyday. Ticket price VND 185,000 ($8) per turn. After 2 hours of traveling, you will be at Da Chong harbor, Thom beach, 20 km from Duong Dong town center.
+ The second way is to take high-speed ship at Ha Tien wharf. After more than an hour, you will stop at Ham Ninh port, An Thoi 15 km from the center of Duong Dong town. Ticket prices range is from 160,000 VND ($7) to 230,000 VND ($10) each turn.
*** HCMC - Rach Gia - Phu Quoc
- In Ho Chi Minh City, you come to the Mien Tay bus station to catch the bus to Rach Gia. Ticket price is around 110,000 - 130,000 VND ($5-$6). Runtime 5 - 7 hours.
- From here, you come from Rach Gia pier to Phu Quoc. There are currently two carriers operating this route with adult fares of VND 215,000 - VND 270,000 ( $9.75-$12) per turn.
- After arriving at the island, you can take a Xeom ( motorbike-taxi) or taxi to the town.
Supper Dong high-speed ship
Travel in Phu Quoc
- Taxi in the island is quite popular so you can easily call one to travel around. However, the cars are normally old fashion while the price is pretty high ( around 1.5 times comparing with one in the main land). When you want more flexibility and cost savings you can rent motorcycles in Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong town. You can also rent one directly at the hotel or resort you are staying in.
>>> To get more detailed information about renting services on the island, please visit Deal with the traffic in Phu Quoc
Where to visit
- You can visit Phu Quoc in three directions: the north, the south and the east of the island. The sites in the north of the island include North Island Nature Reserve, Ham Rong Mountain, Gao Dau, Cua Can, Long Beach, Da Thoi Stream, Da Ban, Nguyen Trung Truc Temple. Places in the south of the island include Phu Quoc prison, Tranh stream, Khem beach (Kem beach), “pepper kingdom”, fish sauce production house, pearl production base. In the east is Dinh Cau, night market, Ham Ninh fishing village, Cuoi Source Museum, Su Muon Pagoda (Hung Long Pagoda) etc
- In addition, there are other interesting activities you should try are the night squid, exploring the primitive forest in the ecological conservation of Da Ngon or Ganh Dau stream, fishing Hon Ham, Hon Thom, or snorkelling sea view coral.
Phu Quoc prison
Phu Quoc is one of the tourist destinations offering full range of services from camping, homestay, hotels to high-end resorts. Price of an average hotel room 350,000VND ($15)
For the highly recommended hotel list, please visit Choose your perfect hotel in Phu Quoc
There are specialties you should try here such as Raw herring salad, Ham Ninh flower crab, Grilled Bien Mai Scallop Sinew, grilled oyster with oil and spring onion, Grilled Sea urchin with grease and spring onion, boletus soup, flower crab rice,etc
Grilled Sea urchin with grease and spring onion
Day 1: Saigon - Lunch at Phu Quoc - Ham Ninh fishing village - Suoi Tranh - Hung Long Pagoda - Garden pepper - Tank house.
Day 2: Dinh Cau - Sim Wine Production base, Phu Quoc specialties - Duong Dong Market - cultured pearl production base - Phu Quoc prison - Sao beach.
Day 3: Free schedule - Saigon