Entry requirement - Visa procedure to enter Vietnam 2018
- on Oct 25, 2018       By: LucyH
Visa has been always a relatively broad concept with more than 20 categories such as business visa, diplomatic visas, tourist visas etc granted with different purposes and terms. Within the scope of this article, I would like to mention only Tourist Visa to assist visitors to visit Vietnam more conveniently.
1. Tourist visas include:
Visa exemption applies to the following countries:
- Passport holders of Japan, Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia, and Finland are exempted from visas for up to 15 days.
- From 1 July 2017, Vietnam extends visa waivers for travelers from five countries: Germany, France, Britain, Italy, and Spain, applying from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2021. The maximum period of staying is 15 days.
- Citizens with Brunei passports are exempt from Vietnamese visas for up to 14 days.
- Citizens with Thai, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia, and Laos passports are exempted from visas for up to 30 days.
- Citizens with Philippine passports are exempt from Vietnamese visas for up to 21 days.
Note: If the nationals of the above countries have a longer stay than the time allowed or entered more than once within the above time limit, they still have to apply for a visa as prescribed.
+ One-month visa single entrance: The type granted to visitors to Vietnam once with a maximum stay of 30 days.
+ One month visa, multiple entrances: The type granted to visitors to Vietnam multiple times with a maximum stay of 30 days.
+ Three-month visa - single entrance: The type granted to visitors to Vietnam once with a maximum stay of 90 days.
+ Three-month visa, multiple entrances: The type granted to visitors to Vietnam multiple times with a stay of up to 90 days.
2. How to apply for a visa to Vietnam.
Option 1: Directly apply at the Embassy / Consulate of Vietnam in the foreign country where the visitor resides:
Conditions for implementation:
- The country must have a Vietnamese embassy or consulate located.
- Bring your original passport directly, the embassy staff will guide you the procedure and the fee to be paid.
Option 2: Apply for an electronic visa:
Currently, only 46 out of 197 countries and territories are on the list of pilot implementation of e-visa of Vietnam. Check out the list here
If you are on the above list, you can directly go to this link and follow the instructions to get your e-visa.
Pros: Just need a computer connected to the internet, you do not need to come directly at the Embassy to make visa.
Cons: The fees you pay online will not be refunded if your visa is denied or the system is experiencing technical difficulties.
Option 3: Make a visa through a travel agency.
Most travel agencies in Vietnam offer visa services for their customers. The information below is based on the service provided by Authentik Vietnam for your reference with the procedure is relatively simple and easy. The price, timing and duration of the visa are determined by the nationality of the client.
Citizenship classification based on the classification of the Vietnam Immigration Department through political and diplomatic criteria (We would like to permit no further deprivation)
Regular Nationality: Visa-exempt countries, European countries, United States, Canada, Japan, Korea ...
- Applicable fee: if you buy a package tour, the price of the visa is included in the tour or free. If you buy separately, the price of the one month visa single or multiple entrance is $10/person, three month visa, single or multiple entrance is $20 / person
- Visa Processing Time: 1-3 business days. In case of urgent need during 4-8h the fee + $5 / person.
- Procedure: Passport is only required to be submitted and the entry time is complete. Clients will receive invitations via email and receive the visa directly at the International border gate upon arrival in Vietnam.
Irregular Nationalities: Countries of Africa: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Kuwait, Oman …
- Fees: One month visa - single or multiple entrance: $60, three month visa - single or multiple entrance: $120/person.
- Visa Processing Time: 3 to 7 business day.
- Procedures: Like regular citizens.
17 nationalities that are the most difficult to process visa: Nigeria, Cameroon, Mozambique, Congo, Ghana, Turkey, Pakistan, Iran, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sierra Lyon, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Lebanon, Sri lanka, Yemen.
- Condition: Only visa is considered according to the tour program, there are clear daily residence address, return air ticket has been issued.
- Fees: $100 - $200 each person depending on the nationality.
- Visa processing time: 7-15 business days.
3. Customs declaration and necessary procedures for entry into Vietnam
Download the form here
You need to fill in this form with 2 photos 4x6 cm white font, $ 25 cash (single entrance) and $ 50 cash (multiple entrances).
Tip: You should prepare the exact amount of money in US dollar to save time when making entry procedures. If you use other currencies such as Euros, British pounds, Singles, they are still accepted but the conversion time is longer and you always lose interest in the exchange rate.
>>>> Read more about Vietnamese currency
4. Other visa services:
This service is provided to give customers a VIP experience, no queue waiting, which serves up to the needs of the more capable travelers, reducing the waiting time at the border. The services include:
- Normal pick up service: The service staff will be standing at the gateway area with your nameplate, they will do all visa related procedures for you with a waiting period of 5-10 minutes ( at Noi Bai and Da Nang airport), 10-15 minutes (Tan Son Nhat border gate), then guide you to the customs platform to seal the entry. Fee: $20 / person
- Fast track service: Visa service staff will be waiting for you at the airplane door with your nameplate, they will do all the visa related procedures for you very quickly within 5-10 minutes, then they lead you to entry procedure door for priority entry, seal entry, assist you to retrieve luggage and take you to the car. Pick up fee: $ 40 / person
(For groups of over 5 customers, the fee will be lower).
Hope you find the information you need in this article. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to comment, we will reply to you at the earliest convenience.
on 22 Mar, 2019
on 20 Mar, 2019
on 18 Mar, 2019