3 Easy Vegetarian Vietnamese Recipes to Make at Home
- on Feb 22, 2021       By: BN
Vegetarian food is becoming an indispensable part of Vietnamese gastronomy. We created a typical vegetarian diet with a Vietnamese taste. These dishes prepared with vegetables, tofu, soy sauce, fruit and mushrooms. All are very tasty and easy to make at home.
To ensure food safety, preparing delicious vegetarian meals at home is gradually becoming a popular trend of many locals. The delicacy of meals requires the food to be healthy and also fresh.
1. Mixed vegetarian vermicelli
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 200gr of vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds
- 10g of black fungus
- 6 shiitakes
- 1 carrot
- Salt or vegetarian spices
- Soak the vermicelli in lukewarm water for about 10 minutes to soften them.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, a little salt and mix well to infuse the noodles.
- Soak the black fungus and shiitakes in water for about 10 minutes then cut them into small pieces.
- First cook the mushrooms, black fungus and carrot, then add the vermicelli to the pan for 5-7 minutes. Add the spices.
- Put everything on a plate, pour in the sesame and enjoy.
2. Mushroom soup with lotus seeds
Mushroom soup with lotus seeds is an extremely attractive and exotic vegetarian dish. Arguably, this soup is one of the delicious dishes that vegetarians should pay attention to in their menu.
The ingredients for making this soup include:
- 50g of lotus seeds
- 50g of fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 50g lingzhi and broccoli (optional)
- 100g of tofu
- 1 carrot
- Coriander, spices from vegetarian cuisine.
- Cut the carrot and tofu into small pieces.
- Then take 1 litre of water in a pot; cook the lotus seeds and carrot for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the mushrooms, tofu and lingzhi, and add 3 spoons of spices.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and enjoy.
3. Vegetarian spring roll
Spring rolls are one of Vietnam's most famous specialities.
Vegetarian spring roll ingredients for 2 people
- 4 rice cakes
- 50 g of rice vermicelli
- 100 g of tofu (optional)
- 100 g of salad
- A carrot
- A handful of radish or red cabbage
- A handful of bean sprouts
- 8 mint leaves
- Cook the rice vermicelli in a saucepan of hot water, then cut the carrot and radish into thin slices. Fry the tofu.
- Moisten the rice cakes then distribute the vegetables, tofu and mint leaves. Roll the pancakes.
- Serve the spring rolls with soy sauce.