Laos Classic Tour
Laos Classic Tour - 05 Days
You will discover
- Day 01Vientiane arrival (-/-/-)
- Day 02Vientiane city tour – Fly to Luang Prabang (B/-/-)
- Day 03Luang Prabang – City Tour – Khuang Si Fall (B/-/-)
- Day 04Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Local village (B/-/-)
- Day 05Luang Prabang – Departure (B/-/-)
You will be interested in:
- Discover the beauty spots in the capital of Laos: Wat Sisaket, Pha That Luang temple, Patuxay arc, Vat Phra Keo temple.
- Encounter the local life at Talat Sao market.
- Visit the highlights in Luang Prabang such as Vat Xien Thong or the temple of the Royal city, Wat Visoun temple and Wat Mai temple.
- Immerse yourself into the stunning, turquoise Khuang Si falls.
- A boat trip on the Mekong River to discover the sublime caves.
- Explore the traditional local villages.
Day 01 : Vientiane arrival (-/-/-)
Upon Vientiane airport, our Authenik Travel’s tour guide and driver will welcome you and transfer to your hotel in the Vientiane - the country’s charming capital with its laidback riverside ambience and alluring monuments.
Overnight in Vientiane.
Day 02 : Vientiane city tour – Fly to Luang Prabang (B/-/-)
Enjoy your breakfast at hotel and meet our tour guide for full day Vientiane city exploration.
The first highlight of the trip is Vat Phra Keo temple, built in 1565. It is one of the most interesting and impressive temples in Vientiane. It previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha image.
Next, visit Vat Sisaket temple which is well known for not only its cloister wall storing thousands of small Buddha images but also its beautiful architecture and decoration with dating back to 1818.
Transfer to visit Pha That Luang temple, built in 1566 and reconstructed in 1930. It is the most important Laotian religious and national monument. The temple has a special architecture reflecting the culture and identity of Laos, becoming a symbol of Laos nationalism.
Later, discover the Patuxay arc, a memorial monument built in 1957 and the most prominent landmark in the city. Its architecture was inspired by the 'Arc de Triumph' in Paris combined with typical Laotian style. From the top of the monument, you can enjoy a great panoramic view of the city.
Next, move to Talat Sao market where you can do some shopping and uncover the local life before transfering to airport for short flight to Luang Prabang.
On arrival, pick up to hotel
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 03 : Luang Prabang – City Tour – Khuang Si Fall (B/-/-)
After breakfast at your hotel, meet our tour guide and driver to go to Mount Phousi where you can enjoy a great panoramic view of the City and the river.
Take a short drive to Vat Xien Thong (the temple of Royal city). This is one of the most important Laotian monasteries and still remains a significant monument to the spirit of religion, traditional art and royalty.
The next stop will be Wat Visoun temple, dating back to 1513 and the reign of King Visoun . This is the oldest temple in Luang Prabang and was once the home to Luang Prabang Buddhas. Wat Visoun temple is with an unusual structure which represents the earliest Laotian style.
Follow this with a visit to Wat Mai, a beautiful temple built in the 18th century, located by the Royal palace. It is the biggest temple in Luang Prabang with beautiful decorations.
Enjoy a driving through rice fields and a beautiful small village. Make some stops to discover their daily life before reaching Khuang Si fall, a gorgeous turquoise waterfall. Refresh and swim in the clear water.
Return to city and spend the rest of day at your leisure.
Stay overnight at a hotel in Luang Prabang.
Day 04 : Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Local village (B/-/-)
Have breakfast at your hotel then visit a local market in the town to discover the daily life. (We recommend visiting early in the morning).
Transfer to the pier, embark a boat and enjoy a trip upstream along the Mekong River. Discover the numerous Buddha images in the Pak Oo caves such as Pak Oo cave (the mouth of the Oo River), Tham Ting cave ( Lower cave) and Tham Theung ( Upper cave). They are on the right side and overlook the Mekong River. Travel a short distance from the caves to the village of Ban Xang Hai.
Encounter the locals and learn how to make LauLao (Laotian whisky) and LauHai (Laotian wine). Return to the city, making stops at Ban Xang Khong village and Ban Xieng Lek village, well known for handmade Jute Sar paper.
Return to your hotel and relax and stay overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 05 : Luang Prabang – Departure (B/-/-)
Free until transfer to the airport without guide for your departure flight. Room is at your disposal until noon only.
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Domestic flight
- Local English speaking guide
- Meals where mentioned (B= breakfast; L= lunch; D= dinner)
- All entrance fees
- Water on tour.
Service Not Included
- International flight tickets from/to your country
- Laos visa
- Travel insurance
- Others not mentioned
- Drinks, other than water on activity days
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tip...)
What clients say about us?
Well organized and time efficient tour!May 22, 2018
Very committed and responsive local team, tour was absolutely what we wanted - TripsAdvisorApr 24, 2018
Right from the time of my enquiry, to tour around Vietnam, the team at Authentik was very proactive and professional in their approach.Jan 8, 2018