Laos Highlights - 07 Days
You will discover
- Day 01Vientiane arrival (-/-/-)
- Day 02Vientiane full day city tour (B/-/-)
- Day 03Vientiane – Vang Vieng (B/-/-)
- Day 04Vang Vieng – Luang Prabang – City Tour (B/-/-)
- Day 05Luang Prabang – City Tour Khuang Si Fall (B/-/-)
- Day 06Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Local village (B/-/-)
- Day 07Luang Prabang – Departure (B/-/-)
You will be interested in:
- Explore the highlight beauty spot in the capital of Laos: Wat Sisaket, Pha That Luang temple, Patuxay arc, Vat Phra Keo temple.
- See local life at Talat Sao market
- Enjoy and admire the beautiful landscape and rural life, discover Ban Houeimo, the fisher village on the way to Vang Vieng.
- Explore amazing caves with spectacular stalagmites and stalactites
- Visit the most beautiful and famous Vat Xien Thong or the temple of Royal city, Wat Visoun temple and Wat Mai temple
- Immerse into the stunning turquoise Khuang Si fall
- Boat trip on Mekong River and Buddha caves discovery.
- Explore the traditional local villages
Day 01 : Vientiane arrival (-/-/-)
Upon Vientiane airport, our Authenik Travel’s tour guide and driver will welcome you and transfer to your hotel in the Vientiane - the country’s charming capital, with its laidback riverside ambience, and alluring monuments.
Overnight in Vientiane.
Day 02 : Vientiane full day city tour (B/-/-)
Enjoy your breakfast at hotel and meet our tour guide for full day Vientiane city exploration.
The highlight of the trip will start from Vat Phra Keo temple built in 1565. It is one of the most interesting and impressive temples in Vientiane. It previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha image.
Next, we visit Vat Sisaket temple which is well known for not only its cloister wall storing thousands small Buddha images but also its beautiful architecture and decoration with history dated back to 1818.
We transfer to visit Pha That Luang temple built 1566 and reconstructed 1930. It is the most important Laotian religious and national monument. The temple has a special architecture reflecting culture of Laos and identity, becoming a symbol of Laos nationalism.
Later we discover the Patuxay arc - the memorial monument built in 1957 and is the most prominent landmark in the city. Its architecture was inspired by the architecture of Triumph in Paris and combined with typical Laos style. From the top of the monument, you could enjoy the great panoramic view of the city.
Talat Sao market where you can do some shopping and uncover the local life.
In the afternoon, we will take a visit to the famous Buddha Park, located 25km from the city. The park is home to over 200 Buddha statues and characters of Hinduism made by concrete, especially the enormous Buddha statue which is 40m in length propping its arm. Furthermore, there are many other statues you could visit to understand more about the Buddhism.
Overnight in Vientiane.
Day 03 : Vientiane – Vang Vieng (B/-/-)
Breakfast at the hotel and enjoy a 3 hour driving (130km) to Vang Vieng which was once a key military airfield during the Indochina wars.
On the way, you have chance to admire and observe the beautiful landscape and rural life, visit to discover Ban Houeimo, the fisher village. Upon arrival in VangVieng, check-in at the hotel.
Lunch will be on your own.
In the afternoon, we will start our trip to Tham Jung cave home to migrating people, who settled near the town’s southern Meuang Xong Village to cultivate vegetables. The locals stumbled into the cavern during the civil war, while seeking refuge deep in the forest.
Next we head to Tham Loup (Deep cave for cave exploration). This cave is known for spectacular stalagmites and stalactites. Back to hotel in late afternoon and relax.
Overnight in Vang Vieng.
Day 04 : Vang Vieng – Luang Prabang – City Tour (B/-/-)
Today, you will depart to LuangPrabang. It is about 5 hour driver. Arrive in Luang Prabang in the afternoon.
Check in hotel and enjoy half day tour around the city to discover: Wat Visoun, the shrine of Wat Aham and Wat Mai with five tiered roofs. Climb to Phousi Hill to enjoy a beautiful sunset view of the city and its glowing reflection on the Mekong River.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 05 : Luang Prabang – City Tour Khuang Si Fall (B/-/-)
After your breakfast at hotel. Meet our tour guide and driver to go to Phousi Mount where you enjoy a great panorama view of the City and the river.
Take a short driver to Vat Xien Thong or the temple of Royal city. This is one of the most important Lao monasteries and still remains a significant monument to the spirit of religion, traditional art and royalty.
Enjoy a driving through rice fields and beautiful small village. Make some stop to discover their daily life before reaching Khuang Si fall, a gorgeous turquoise waterfall. Refresh and swim in the clear water.
Back to city and the rest of day is free at your leisure.
Overnight at Hotel in Luang Prabang.
Day 06 : Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Local village (B/-/-)
Breakfast at your hotel then visit a local market in the town. Discover the daily life. (Recommend early visit in the morning).
Transfer to the pier. Embark a boat and enjoy a trip upstream along the Mekong River. Discover the numerous the Buddha images in Pak Ou caves such as Pak Ou cave (the mouth of the Ou River), Tham Ting cave ( Lower cave) and Tham Theung ( Upper cave). They are on the right side and overlooking to the Mekong River. Take a short distance from the caves to a village of Ban Xang Hai. Encounter the locals and learn how to make LauLao (Laos whisky) and LauHai (Laos wine). Return to the city, en route we make a stop at other villages: Ban Xang Khong and Ban Xieng Lek well known for handmade of Jute Sar paper.
Back to Hotel and relax
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 07 : Luang Prabang – Departure (B/-/-)
Free until transfer to the airport without guide for your departure flight. Room is at your disposal until noon only.
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Local English speaking guide
- Meals where mentioned (B= breakfast; L= lunch; D= dinner)
- All entrance fees
- Water on tour.
Service Not Included
- International flight tickets from/to your country
- Laos visa
- Travel insurance
- Others not mentioned
- Drinks, other than water on activity days
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tip...)
What clients say about us?
Very committed and responsive local team, tour was absolutely what we wanted - TripsAdvisorApr 24, 2018
Right from the time of my enquiry, to tour around Vietnam, the team at Authentik was very proactive and professional in their approach.Jan 8, 2018
A tailor-made trip perfectly organized by Authentik Vietnam.Nov 26, 2017