Laos Highlights - 07 Days
You will discover
- Day 01Vientiane arrival (-/-/-)
- Day 02Vientiane full day city tour (B/-/-)
- Day 03Vientiane – Vang Vieng (B/-/-)
- Day 04Vang Vieng – Luang Prabang – City Tour (B/-/-)
- Day 05Luang Prabang – City Tour Khuang Si Fall (B/-/-)
- Day 06Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Local village (B/-/-)
- Day 07Luang Prabang – Departure (B/-/-)
You will be interested in:
- Discover the beauty spots in the capital of Laos: Wat Sisaket, Pha That Luang temple, Patuxay arc, Vat Phra Keo temple..
- Encounter the local life at Talat Sao market.
- Admire the beautiful landscapes and rural life, discover Ban Houeimo, the fisher village on the way to Vang Vieng.
- Discover an amazing cave and its spectacular stalagmites and stalactites.
- Visit Vat Xien Thong or temple of Royal city, Wat Visoun temple and Wat Mai temple.
- Immerse yourself into the stunning, turquoise Khuang Si falls.
- A boat trip on the Mekong River and discover the Buddhist caves.
- Explore the traditional local villages.
DO YOU KNOW? THIS IS A PRIVATE TOUR AND AUTHENTIK TRAVEL COULD CUSTOMIZE IT TO FIT YOUR TRAVEL PLAN AND EXPECTATION!
Day 01 : Vientiane arrival (-/-/-)
Upon Vientiane airport, our Authenik Travel’s tour guide and driver will welcome you and transfer to your hotel in the Vientiane - the country’s charming capital with its laidback riverside ambience and alluring monuments.
Overnight in Vientiane.
Day 02 : Vientiane full day city tour (B/-/-)
Enjoy your breakfast at hotel and meet our tour guide for full day Vientiane city exploration.
The first highlight of the trip is Vat Phra Keo temple, built in 1565. It is one of the most interesting and impressive temples in Vientiane. It previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha image.
Next, visit Vat Sisaket temple which is well known for not only its cloister wall storing thousands of small Buddha images but also its beautiful architecture and decoration with dating back to 1818.
Transfer to visit Pha That Luang temple, built in 1566 and reconstructed in 1930. It is the most important Laotian religious and national monument. The temple has a special architecture reflecting the culture and identity of Laos, becoming a symbol of Laos nationalism.
Later, discover the Patuxay arc, a memorial monument built in 1957 and the most prominent landmark in the city. Its architecture was inspired by the 'Arc de Triumph' in Paris combined with typical Laotian style. From the top of the monument, you can enjoy a great panoramic view of the city.
Next, move to Talat Sao market where you can do some shopping and uncover the local life.
In the afternoon, visit the famous Buddha Park, located 25km from the city. The park is home to over 200 Buddha statues and characters of Hinduism made from concrete, especially the enormous Buddha statue which is 40m in length propping its arm. Furthermore, there are many other statues you could visit to understand more about Buddhism.
Stay overnight in Vientiane
Day 03 : Vientiane – Vang Vieng (B/-/-)
Have breakfast at the hotel and enjoy a 3 hour drive (130km) to Vang Vieng which was once a key military airfield during the Indochina wars.
On the way, you have a chance to admire the beautiful landscape and rural life, and visit Ban Houeimo, a quaint fishing village. Upon arrival in Vang Vieng, check-in at your hotel.
Lunch will be on your own.
In the afternoon, head to Tham Jung cave, home to migrants, who settled near the town’s southern Meuang Xong Village to cultivate vegetables. The locals stumbled into the cavern during the civil war while seeking refuge deep in the forest. Next, go to Tham Loup (Deep cave) for cave exploration. This cave is known for spectacular stalagmites and stalactites.
Return to your hotel in the late afternoon and relax. Stay overnight in Vang Vieng
Day 04 : Vang Vieng – Luang Prabang – City Tour (B/-/-)
On this day, depart Vang Vieng for Luang Prabang. It is about a 5 hour drive. Arrive in Luang Prabang in the afternoon.
Check in hotel and enjoy half day tour to explore Wat Visoun temple, dating back to 1513 and the reign of King Visoun. This is the oldest temple in Luang Prabang and was once the home to Luang Prabang Buddhas. Wat Visoun temple is with an unusual structure which represents the earliest Laotian style.
Follow this with a visit to Wat Mai, a beautiful temple built in the 18th century, located by the Royal palace. Go to Mount Phousi where you can enjoy a great panoramic view of the City and the river.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 05 : Luang Prabang – City Tour Khuang Si Fall (B/-/-)
Breakfast at hotel and explore the life style at local market in the morning.
Take a short driver to Vat Xien Thong or the temple of Royal city. This is one of the most important Lao monasteries and still remains a significant monument to the spirit of religion, traditional art and royalty.
Enjoy a driving through rice fields and a beautiful small village. Make some stops to discover their daily life before reaching Khuang Si fall, a gorgeous turquoise waterfall. Refresh and swim in the clear water.
Return to city and spend the rest of day at your leisure.
Stay overnight at a hotel in Luang Prabang.
Day 06 : Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Local village (B/-/-)
Transfer to the pier. Enjoy a boat trip along the Pak Oo River to discover the peaceful landscapes and the numerous Buddha images in the Pak Oo caves such as Pak Oo cave (the mouth of the Oo River), Tham Ting cave (Lower cave) and Tham Theung (Upper cave). Then, walk around Ban Pak Ou Village, a small Laotian fishermen’s village on the Mekong River, and continue to Ban MuangKeo village, where you will see the production of colored fabric, which is woven on simple weaving looms.
Finally, return to LuangPrabang by boat.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 07 : Luang Prabang – Departure (B/-/-)
Free until transfer to the airport without guide for your departure flight. Room is at your disposal until noon only.
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Local English speaking guide
- Meals where mentioned (B= breakfast; L= lunch; D= dinner)
- All entrance fees
- Water on tour.
Service Not Included
- International flight tickets from/to your country
- Laos visa
- Travel insurance
- Others not mentioned
- Drinks, other than water on activity days
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tip...)
What clients say about us?
More than anything, we felt we had a taste of authentic Vietnam with Authentik, and enjoyed every moment of itDec 25, 2019